What is CBD?
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring cannabinoid constituent of cannabis. It was discovered in 1940 and is one of at least 113 cannabinoids identified in hemp plants, accounting for up to 40% of the plant's extract. it’s generally considered one of the most important phytocannabinoids in existence, for its wide range of potential benefits in all mammals, furry or otherwise.
Will my pet get high?
- No, absolutely not. CBD is non-intoxicating and does not affect the brain in the same way THC does. THC is the compound responsible for the "high" associated with cannabis.
Do your products contain THC?
- We offer products that are Isolates, Broad-Spectrum and Full-Spectrum. Please read the descriptions and/or labels for more information. All of our products are independently lab tested and our COAs are posted on our website.
Is CBD legal?
- Our products are derived from registered industrial hemp and as such, have been removed from the control of the DEA. It is federally legal, however, the federal government has turned the jurisdiction over to the state level. This has made it a rather complicated and "muddy" situation. It is our recommendation that you research your state's laws in regard to CBD use.
Are your products cGMP certified?
- All of our finished products are manufactured in cGMP and ISO certified facilities that are registered with the FDA and routinely inspected and audited by the respective certification organizations.
How is CBD a good thing for my dog?
- CBD has been shown to provide many wellness benefits for all mammals. In the 1990’s it was discovered that all mammals have a system of receptors all throughout their bodies that are not stimulated by electrical signals, but rather, chemical compounds called Cannabinoids. In fact, all vertebrates bodies produce endocannabinoids to work with this system and help maintain homeostasis. CBD is a phytocannabinoid, (plant based), that has shown positive interaction with these receptors. This system is known as the endocannabinoid system and helps fine-tune most of the vital physiological functions for all vertebrates. It promotes homeostasis within all other bodily systems to retain a general sense of wellness.
What exactly does the endocannabinoid system do?
- This system is a remarkably complex network of cannabinoid receptors (CBr) expressed in cells of both the central and peripheral nervous system. There are also other cannabinoid receptors that have been identified called cannabinoid receptor type 2 (CB-2), which is found primarily in the immune system, digestive system (gastrointestinal tract), and many of the body’s major organs. The main function of this system has yet to be completely determined, however, scientists do know that these receptors all work in harmony. It is believed that this system has the main purpose of balancing the body functions. When this system is working properly, a state of homeostasis is experienced.
Are there any side effects?
- Although most research will conclude that CBD is safe to consume, CBD does have side effects. Potential side effects may include increased appetite, diarrhea and the ability to potentially interact with many pharmaceuticals by inhibiting the activity of cytochrome P450 liver enzymes, (it will affect how your body processes other medications). Always consult your veterinarian or doctor prior to starting your pup or yourself on a CBD supplement of any kind and especially if she, or you are already taking prescription medications.